Thursday, October 4, 2012

A girls afternoon tea party - Blogtoberfest day 4

With school holidays this time round I have been trying to get a little more creative with the kids. My daughter being in grade 1 is really starting to read and write a lot more and to encourage this I try to get her to make things that she will enjoy doing. Hence these beautiful invites she made just to have a few friends over for afternoon tea. These were given out proudly by my darling girl on the last day of school. And for the whole first week of the holidays she was getting very excited with the anticipation.


This was followed on the day by making cupcakes together which each of her friends got to ice and decorate when  they arrived.


Lots of fun had by all and my daughter just loved the whole thing from invite making to the day itself. Especially as it was a special girl day with her brother elsewhere. So something really simple for me to do, but a great success!

1 comment:

  1. What cute invitations...and a great idea to have the her little friends help ice the cup-cakes. What child doesn't enjoy that?! Glad to hear the day was a success ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails