Monday, June 20, 2011

Kids comments on renovation make me smile

"Oh no my house!" - This said by my two and half year old boy with wide eyes and a big round open mouth, when he saw the builders ripping down our deck and back wall.

The renovation has been hard, with the feelings of being trapped in the front half of our house, frustrating when delays happen and often tense but the kids can be counted on to say or do things that make you smile."Hello boys" - the kids loved running out the first few days of the build and shouting this at the builders at the top of their voices and then laughing and running off again.

Once the builders had broken through and were working inside my little boy often offered to help running off to get his Bob the Builder tools.

"Can we paint the house red, it would look great," said my little girl with a very serious face while looking at her Dad painting the weatherboard. She got quite upset when we said no as we don't think the neighbours would like it.

Following on the red theme when I told my five year old the plasterer was working on her new room she went up to him and said 'can you make it red? I want a red room'. A girl that knows what she wants!

And seeing the roofers climbing on our roof and putting the tiles on my daughter announced she wanted to climb on roofs for a job. Not if I can help it!

And one I try to see the funny side of - at the moment we have one toilet in our ensuite as still have no family bathroom. This toilet is a fair way from the living area and it seems every time I go my daughter suddenly needs me and starts screaming at the top of her voice "Mummy, where are you?" This is said over and over while I scream back louder and louder "I am on the toilet." I am sure our neighbours can hear this exchange.

4 comments:

  1. Hi georgy, thats so funny! i love kids at this age, they just say the most hilarious things!!! Looks like things are moving along really quickly now.! do you have an idea when it will be finished?
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are great aren't they? Some of the things they come out with are just so original. Your new space is coming along nicely, it must be wonderful to be nearing the end. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Georgy, the house is looking great and the kids are really enjoying it, and a red room would be great. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! Kids are so fun to hear! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails