Thursday, October 14, 2010

Advent calendar - Blogtoberfest day 14

Well it's seems that Christmas isn't far off, as for the last couple of weeks all the Departments stores have been selling Christmas decorations. This reminded me that I really wanted to get an advent calendar this year. One that I can put my own treats into for the kids and can reuse year after year.

So it was with luck that I stumbled into Myer in Melbourne yesterday, just to get out of the rain to find their 'Trim store' is having 25% off until Sunday. And I found just what I was looking for, it is made of wood and has little drawers that I can put treats in, I also like the red and white combination, fits perfectly into our lounge room.


I must admit I love looking in stores like Myer when they are filled with Christmas decorations. I love the sparkle and glitter and the memories it provides of decorating a real tree as a family when I was a child. I am now lucky enough to enjoy the magic of Christmas with young children, my daughter loves decorating the house and tree (my little boy is still in the rip the balls off the tree and throw them stage).

4 comments:

  1. I didnt know you could get reusable ones. I love the red and white. Hope you have had a great week. Thank you so much for your sweet comment.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful advent calendar. Lovely idea to have a reusable one, and such a gorgeous one at that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I've been thinking of making an Advent Calendar. Just thinking mind you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiii, Thank You for stopping by Northern Light!
    I grew up with different versions of this calendar, so much fun when you are a kid!!

    Northern Light

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails